Address: Myllytie 14, Järvenpää,
Telephone: +358 9 279 3237
Opening hours 2020:
Wed – Fri 14 – 18, Sat - Sun 11 – 16
Originally called Villa Enckel or (after its location) Villa Vårbacka, Villa Cooper was built by Sigrid and Gösta Enckell in 1904 near Ahola and Ainola. The villa was designed by architect Lars Sonck, who designed at the same time Ainola, which was located nearby. The villa and the Enckells were a central part of the Tuusula artist community.
Around 1918 the Eckells sold the villa and it was moved to its current location in central Järvenpää. The villa was bought by Edward and Agneta Cooper in 1931. Agneta Cooper lived here for nearly 40 years.
Currently owned by City of Järvenpää, it currently functions as a year-round sales exhibition centre for the Craftspeople of Järvenpää. Some renovations have been made over the years, however the atmosphere in Villa Cooper takes you back to the time of the artist community.
By train: Järvenpää Railway station 10 minute walk, R train from Helsinki and Riihimäki.
Walking distances from Villar Cooper to some other interesting attractions: