Klaavola Museum of local history and culture

Address: Klaavolantie 3, Tuusula
Phone: +358 40 314 3468, +358 9 8718 3465
Website: www.tuusula.fi/klaavola
Email: kulttuuri-info(at)tuusula.fi
Opening hours: by appointment only
Entrance fee:
2 € per person over 7 years old

See and do

Klaavola Museum of local history and culture

Klaavola Museum brings alive the area’s rich rural past. The museum tells the story of the local farming family. Visitors can take a nostalgic trip back in time in Klaavola’s two hundred year old main building. Rooms are decorated in the style of 1920’s to 1940’s and the outside buildings have collection of farming memorabilia. The farm yard buildings include barns, milking parlor, sleigh shed and sauna.

Klaavola was one of the oldest and wealthiest farms in the area and it was mentioned in the local records already in the early 1700’s, although the current farm building is possibly from the turn of the 18th century. Klaavola was a working farm until the 1970’s and this once ancestral home of the Collin family turned into a museum in the 1980’s.

Klaavola Museum is normally open by appointment only (tel. + 358 40 314 3468, +358 9 8718 3465); however, the museum is open for public on some pre-arranged dates throughout the year.

The nearest bus stop is at the Hyrylä bus station. Get directions using HSL Journey Planner www.hsl.fi/en. The Anti-Aircraft Museum is located opposite to Klaavola Museum. Within an easy walking distance are also Kasarmi Art Gallery, Tuusula Church and Worker’s Home Museum.

The Klaavola courtyard is younger than the main building and probably from the end of the 19th century. The cottage in the yard has served as a sleigh shed and most recently as a bakery. Additionally, a shed, a woodshed, a milk room and a granary are extensions to the cottage.

The Klaavola Museum tells the story of what the life of a prosperous farmhouse in Southern Finland was like in the early 20th century.

The rooms of the house are decorated in the style of the interwar period with objects from the museum’s collections as well as the Collins’ objects, the former inhabitants of the house.